Thursday, February 2, 2012

"You should be gargling your heart right now."

"Keep your booty down. This is my workout, not your bedroom!"

"Are you crying right now? 'Waaahhh, it hurts! I wanna die!' I don't care!!"




These are just a few examples of the lovely things that Jillian will say to you during your Week 4 workout. I know this now because I just did the Week 4 workout for the first time. Let me tell you, it was rough. 

I know you probably could have predicted that based on every other post I've written about my progress through this workout video, but it was much harder than I imagined. Like I said during the first week, most of the moves individually aren't difficult to physically do. It's the combination of multiple moves at once that really get you.

Example: 
Week 1 had a squat with a shoulder press. 
You would hold your arms up at 90 degree angles with dumbbells in them, squat down so your knees are at a 90 degree angle, then while you are standing back up, you push your arms up straight.

Week 4 has a squat with a shoulder press.
This is a static squat with a continuous shoulder press. The difference is that you squat down to the 90 degree angle and you hold the squat while doing shoulder press after shoulder press after shoulder press.

You wouldn't think that it would suck that bad, but it really, really does. It's things like that that make me happy that it's only a 20 minute workout :) 

I've really fallen off the wagon when it comes to working out. When I was sick, I took a break from working out and even though I am not sick anymore and haven't been sick for over a week, but it's just so hard to get the motivation back. Luckily, I knew I needed to finish this workout video, so that was motivation enough to finally start back up today!


I didn't make those pictures, but I found them humorous. Happy Thursday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment