Sunday, February 5, 2012

Brunch and new shoes!

Last year when I thought I was going to run the mini-marathon (HA!) I went to Blue Mile in Broadripple and I bought some nice running shoes. They did the whole thing where they videotaped me running on the treadmill to see how my feet were hitting and decide which shoes to have me try on. I ended up getting some Saucony shoes that look like old grandma shoes with all of its large mesh and large size. [The lady at the shoe store made me get size 9 because she said my feet will swell when I run. They look enormous, but they fit.] I don't know, they probably don't look that bad, but when I look down at my feet I don't really like how they look. Oh well, they work well for running!

So while I have been doing my JM workout, I have been using my running shoes because they are the only tennis shoes I have! They aren't great when you need foot flexibility, such as when I am required to hold a static lunge. Usually my back toes end up kind of hurting because my running shoes aren't meant to bend like that.

I met up with Sarah yesterday to go to brunch at 3 Sisters Cafe in Broadripple. It was sooo good! I had a 3 egg scramble with bacon, avocado, mushrooms, basil, and feta cheese.


We weren't ready to part ways after brunch, so we decided to go to Castleton Square Mall to do a little shopping! Neither of us really needed anything, but thought it would be fun to walk around together anyway. At least I thought I didn't need anything...

I ended up buying much more than planned, but I did get something I really needed. Workout shoes! They are very flexible and extremely comfortable. I was instantly motivated to do my workout video so I could wear the shoes! I can't wait to put them on again. Of course, that means I will have to do my workout again, but it could be worse, right? :)


They are Nike Women's Free TR Fit Training Shoes. Whatever all that means. All I know is they are very flexible and light! I got them at Dick's and they also have them in lime green, which I wanted most, but they only had size 6.5 and I'm really 8.5 to 9, so that wasn't going to work. Best part? They were on sale for $10 off the normal price, which brought them down to $75. Still a lot of money, but totally worth it.


Well, I've got lots on the agenda for today: reading for class, getting killed in my week 4 workout video, baking triple chocolate peanut butter cookies, and bringing said cookies to Ryan's parents' house for the Super Bowl! It's going to be a great day!

2 comments:

  1. You will not regret buying the Nike Frees! They are the most comfortable shoes EVER! Seriously, I mean I don't run or anything but I wear them to work out/walk/whatever. Mine are so comfy I end up wearing them around to do every day things. Hehe!

    LOVE YOU and LOVED "Catching up" and eating wings the other day! Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can already tell that I will be wearing them a LOT. I love, love, LOVE them!! So far the plan is to only wear them when I'm working out at home, which I think will make them last forEVER. Buuuut...that might change. They are seriously the most comfortable shoes.

      We need to plan our next adventure!! Wings are always delicious. Haha!

      Delete