Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fast forward 9 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day...

...and we are in the present! This is absolutely ridiculous. I have fallen off the blogging wagon for the past 9 months, but I am back! So much has happened in the past 3/4 of a year, and I can't wait to share it with anyone who cares (which I know is all 4 of my followers)!

First, my very best friend, and current roommate, got engaged!


She and her love got engaged in November just a few days after my last blog post. They couldn't be happier together and I know they are both looking forward to their wedding on October 1 of this year! I am so excited for their wedding, because Sarah asked me to be her MOH! I was honored to accept and I have the very best bride. She hasn't had any Bridezilla moments whatsoever, and has made this probably the easiest MOH job in the history of MOHes. MOHs? MOH's? I have no idea. Maids of Honor. WhatEV. (side note: "whatEV" is in my phone's dictionary and I love it.) The one thing that I am just a little skeptical about is the toast that I will have to give at Sarah and Chris' wedding reception. I know it will all turn out great, but getting to that point will be a challenge for me!


Next topic--my boyfriend!


Soon after my last blog post (about a week after Sarah and Chris got engaged), I started dating a boy named Ryan. He is super cute, funny, and just a really great guy! We met at work (I am a pharmacy technician at CVS and he is a shift supervisor for the front store) and at first we didn't really talk much, but because we were both going to a bonfire at one of our co-workers' houses, I had an excuse to ask our co-worker for his number! At the bonfire, I was a-lookin' and I was a-likin'! After that night we texted for a couple of days and then met up at a Buffalo Wild Wings in between our houses. (Obviously I love Buffalo Wild Wings, as my last blog post features a photo of Amy Gene and myself standing in front of one.) We ended up staying there and talking for four hours! What was crazy was it felt like just an hour had gone by. It was so much fun and about a week after that we started "officially" dating. November 29, our first anniversary, will be here before we know it and I am so looking forward to it!


My family has never been one to settle into a single city and stay there. At least not longer than 8 years at a time. When I was born, my parents and older brother were living in Vestal, NY. At some point we moved to Somers, NY and then to Rockville, MD. By my 6th birthday we had moved to San Jose, CA, where we lived for 4 years, then on my 10th birthday, the day before I began 5th grade, we moved to Austin, TX. We lived in Austin for 8 years, and it is the city I call home. When I graduated from high school, my parents moved up north to Minneapolis, MN, while I began college in the midwest at Hanover. Upon graduation at Hanover, I made my way to Louisville, KY byway of Petersburg, KY, and then after a year in Loo-uh-vuhl, I came up to where I find myself now: Indianapolis.

(In case you're like me and not so great with geography, I have included a US map with major cities on it--all of our cities are listed except the small ones in upstate NY and technically Rockville isn't on there, but Baltimore is. Close enough.)


Needless to say, I have moved around a lot. Currently my parents are still in Minneapolis, but in the next 6 months or so they will be making the very, very far move to Portland, OR! My dad has recently began a new job as CTO & SVP RSM at Grass Valley (if you want to know what all of those letters stand for, don't ask me--try to look them up or something). I am extremely happy for him and my mom! Moving really, really sucks, but the end result will be good! Also, my brother has now traveled down to Boulder, CO and is going to school and working down there. The Schuberts are all over everywhere!

Last, but certainly not least, I'm in grad school!

I am beginning a masters program in School Counseling on August 27! It is very exciting and I am especially looking forward to the first night of class because we're having a pitch-in! Since my last name begins with an S, I fall under the category of desserts. That is not a problem for me, because I bake like it's my job. I have decided to bring in some delicious brownies with Oreos baked into the top and icing drizzled on top of that. Delish! So looking forward to Monday night.


YUMMY.

That's about all I have for right now. I am going to try to remember to post more, but I can't make any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment