Friday, February 3, 2012

Holy Moly Guacamole

This delicious recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 by Lisa Lillien, where every recipe is under 200 calories! 

What's great about this cookbook is that there are so many recipes (200) and she covers all different kinds of foods. There are options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. I just love it! This recipe was super easy to follow and didn't take very long at all.

Holy Moly Guacamole

Ingredients:
One 15-ounce can early (young) peas, drained
1/2 c. mashed avocado (about 1 medium-small avocado's worth)
1/3 c. chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
1/4 c. plain fat-free Greek yogurt
4 tsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. chili powder
Additional salt and black pepper, to taste
Optional: chopped fresh cilantro (SICK), chopped jarred jalapenos

Directions:
  • Place peas in a medium bowl and mash thoroughly with a potato masher or fork.
  • Add avocado, yogurt, lime juice, garlic, and seasonings. Continue to mash until blended.
  • Stir in tomatoes, onion, and, if you like, some cilantro (SICK) and/or jalapenos. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Per serving (1/3 cup):
78 calories
3g fat
320mg sodium
10.5g carbs
3.5g fiber
4g sugars
3.5g protein

Makes 6 servings.




I didn't make mine with onion because I don't like raw onion, and obviously I left out the cilantro. Also, I doubled the recipe because I didn't think the original would make very much and I ended up accidentally quadrupling the amount of Greek yogurt. I only realized that I did that when I was typing up the ingredients. Oops! It still tastes really good, though.

I hope yours turns out just as delicious as mine did!

No comments:

Post a Comment