Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy half birthday to me!

Today is my half birthday!

My [real] 18th birthday when I had very long hair.
Ever since my freshman year at Hanover College, I have been celebrating my half birthday (in addition to my real birthday). As you are very capable of figuring out, my real birthday is August 10, which means I was almost never in school on my birthday. That's a good thing, kind of, but it also means that I never got to have the whole class sing to me or tell me happy birthday. Now that I think about it, I always got really nervous at my birthday parties when it was time for everyone to look at me and sing happy birthday, but you always want what you can't have!

Does anyone remember having their locker wrapped with wrapping paper on their birthday??

My birthday happened to fall on my first day of middle school and my best friend at the time wanted to wrap my locker for me. I was terrified of middle school as it was, so I didn't want any extra attention to go to me on my very first day. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I am sure my mom can fill us in down in the comments area :) At the time, it felt like it would be embarrassing because I didn't know that it happened frequently to other people.

Well, I don't have any exciting half birthday plans except working until 7! Maybe my half birthday will motivate me to come home and do my workout video. Maybe.

Have a great day! Stay warm! And happy half birthday to ME! :)

1 comment:

  1. Half a bottle of wine on your half birthday. That's how you should celebrate!

    ELIC ASAP.

    ReplyDelete