Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Big Gray Elephant

I was just looking through my photo album on my phone and I came across these three photos.

Once upon a time, I was driving in Plainfield, Indiana, and I got pulled over for speeding. I thought the speed limit was 40 mph and I thought that I was driving 45 mph. Turns out the speed limit was 30 mph and I was driving 46 mph. That's 16 mph over, in case you're not good at math. The cop was young and probably felt like he had something to prove about how he's so much better than me because he's a cop, so he gave me a ticket. I didn't necessarily think that was fair because A) I told him I thought it was 40 where I was driving, which is why I was driving only 5 mph over the speed limit, and B) I have never even gotten pulled over for speeding, let alone gotten a ticket! It was my first speeding offense (...first that was caught...) and he didn't even give me a chance to try to talk it down to a warning! I was mad. I was allowed 60 days to pay my $150 speeding ticket so I waited until I had about two weeks left and I needed an envelope to mail my ticket...


If you aren't familiar, that's sarcasm.

Next, I recently painted the alphabet for my cousin, Meredith. She is obsessed with the alphabet, so when she asked me to paint the alphabet for her, of course I said yes! I have painted it for her once before, so I actually have four photos (forgot that I had a picture of the first alphabet!).
First alphabet painting, January 2011
Second alphabet painting, December 2011

Lastly, I'd like to leave you with a picture of me. This outfit is what my best friend Sarah refers to as the "Big Gray Elephant." I enjoy wearing this because it's extremely comfortable. Having a regular hoodless sweatshirt is sometimes more comfortable than a hoodie, especially if you happen to fall asleep while wearing it. Hoods can really make you feel like you're choking in the middle of the night, unless they are up on your head, but then that's kind of weird to sleep with a hoodie hood up.
I didn't take this photo specifically for this post.
Sooo comfortable. Currently I am half of a Big Gray Elephant and it's about time for me to change out of my jeans and put on the other half, so that's all for today. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAH. LOVE this post. Last night I was a big red cherry (in my "Santa, you're clear for landing" hoodless sweatshirt.
    LOVE YOU!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete