Friday, September 28, 2012

DIY Fall Wreath

As I was browsing through Pinterest and enjoying some cooler weather, I came across some DIY Fall wreaths. After pinning about ten of them, I asked Ryan which one he liked the best.

This is the Pinterest picture that Ryan liked!

This is my finished product!

I was meeting up with my friend Cortney to have Wine Night, so I asked her if she wanted to have a combination DIY/Wine Night. We met at Michael's and picked out what we needed to begin our projects!
What you will need:
1. Twiggy wreath to use as a base
2. Pieces of felt paper in Autumn colors
3. Berry things
4. Glue gun and glue sticks

First, cut the felt into circles or ovals. Then, cut the circle or oval into a spiral pattern.

Examples of felt spirals.

My pile of felt spirals.

Next, you will begin rolling the spiral up starting at the outside edge and rolling/gluing until you get to the center of the spiral.

Once you get to the center, you can either glue the middle part to the bottom of the flower, or you can just cut it off and glue the edge to the flower.

My felt flowers after rolling/gluing.

Play with the placement of the flowers until you have decided what look you like best. Then, lift each flower one-by-one and glue it to the wreath.

Also play with the placement of the berries on the other part of the wreath. Make sure you know what kind of layout you want and how to space the berries before you glue them!

Tada! I'm finished!

Hanging up my wreath :)

The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment